fragging Brown Jellied Corals...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nigel35
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nigel35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 9, 2020
Messages
1,012
Reaction score
747
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a hammer and Duncan that need to be fragged immediately. I first would like to remove infected heads and rinse them off. For good measure I also am going to do an iodine dip. How much iodine (seachem) do you guys add to dip the corals? Heard that 5-10ml/gal is recommended. thanks!
 
I can sympathize I just went through this a week ago with my E. cristata colony. I was only able to save 1 head by fragging and dipping it in Coral Rx. Yes, for Seachem’s Iodine 5-10ml/gal is recommended. Best of luck to you!
 
Be sure to use siphon off as much of the brown jelly and dead tissue before moving to reduce the risk of spreading the infection. Any of the dips will work including H2O2.
 
fragging completed! pics coming. Some of the jelly got away but I think I was able to siphon most of it out. hoping all goes well over the next few days
 
Absolutely. Here are the fragging pics:
IMG_4439.JPG
IMG_4440.JPG
IMG_4442.JPG
 
Here is the stuff, there was a lot more of it but this is what I got for the pix. Hope this helps!


IMG_4446.JPG
IMG_4444.JPG
 
What you could tell is that the polyp was still intact but the tissue below the infected head was completely gone. wish I got more pics, oh well...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new