Fragging for fun not for profit.

  • Thread starter Thread starter masssnapz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

masssnapz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2016
Messages
315
Reaction score
169
Location
Pepperell
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides the extra money for new corals and tank upgrades, How many people here frag just because it's a fun nice way to meet other reefers. Now that I am older I am realizing how hard it is to meet people other than my Co workers. Since I started fragging corals and trading, I have made a dozen new friends and reefing buddies that I can call up and pick their brains or ask them for help with something. And I owe it all to fragging !
 
I frag for fun and might trade, but no freebies. Although the intention is good, I believe it can devalue corals.
 
Most of my colonies aren't big enough to frag yet but we can be friends and I will gladly accept free frags :) You are right though....definitely a good way to meet other reefers.
 
Besides the extra money for new corals and tank upgrades, How many people here frag just because it's a fun nice way to meet other reefers. Now that I am older I am realizing how hard it is to meet people other than my Co workers. Since I started fragging corals and trading, I have made a dozen new friends and reefing buddies that I can call up and pick their brains or ask them for help with something. And I owe it all to fragging !
Me too, more valuable then making a few bucks.
 
I frag for fun and might trade, but no freebies. Although the intention is good, I believe it can devalue corals.
I agree %100 percent never freebies but if someone comes by and drops 100 or 2 then I usually throw in a gsp or something
 
I haven't fragged yet as my tank and corals are still young.. but I have made trades (supplies for frags) and gotten a few freebies from people. It's great to meet other reefers in the hobby!
 
I want to be able to trade locally. I only have a couple corals and they're way too new to frag but basically the only person I found has been a worker at the fish store who is willing to run any trades :/ hehe but I plan to stock up when reefapalooza comes by. My friend said there are some really good deals there.
 
I want to be able to trade locally. I only have a couple corals and they're way too new to frag but basically the only person I found has been a worker at the fish store who is willing to run any trades :/ hehe but I plan to stock up when reefapalooza comes by. My friend said there are some really good deals there.
What area do you live in ? There must be a local club you could join. Also Craigslist is pretty good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new