Fragging Green slimer coral

FlameangelLover

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2025
Messages
833
Reaction score
810
Location
detroit
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I would like to frag some of my green slimer to put in other places in my tank. Is there any rules I should follow or is it as simple as just breaking a peice and gluing it to a frag plug?
 
Hello!

I would like to frag some of my green slimer to put in other places in my tank. Is there any rules I should follow or is it as simple as just breaking a peice and gluing it to a frag plug?
It's that simple. Do work son!
 
Hello!

I would like to frag some of my green slimer to put in other places in my tank. Is there any rules I should follow or is it as simple as just breaking a peice and gluing it to a frag plug?
You can do that with an established coral. I like to use bonecutters. You’ll quickly learn why it’s called “Slimer”. I use paper towel to blot the slime, then add a pea sized dab of glue to a plug. I’ll then dip it in the tank or container to skin up the glue, twist the frag into place, and let it set up before adding it back into the tank when it’s secure.
 
I fragged allot of slimers and never have an issue, just make sure the bone cutters are clean, and with any Coral, even though green slider is pretty much bulletproof , I always do an iodine dip after cutting to lessen the chances of infection. I would pretty much iodine dip. Anything you cut before gluing, or after for that matter
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new