Fragging hammer coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter clown99
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

clown99

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2019
Messages
104
Reaction score
70
Location
San Jose
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched the video on how to frag the frogspawn coral but I still have question about fragging my hammer coral.


I don't see the dark areas on my hammer coral. Can I just cut across the whitish meaty part below each bunch of heads?
This is a shot from last night where I can see 8 heads:

hammercoral_heads.jpg
 
Given time, those heads will produce longer white skeletons. That will make fragging them MUCH easier and safer. Cutting anywhere along the skeleton, below where it bulges slightly under the head is safe.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new