"fragging" mushrooms on bubble algae

  • Thread starter Thread starter jonesdeini
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jonesdeini

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
98
Reaction score
77
Location
Buffalo
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a mushroom in one of my tanks that had attached itself to a piece of bubble algae and ended up at the bottom of the tank. I popped the bubble algae outside of the tank, removed most of the algae's shell, then glued the remaining shell to a piece of rubble. I've rinsed and dipped the frag and it's now in QT waiting to see if the bubble algae will return. Has anyone ever done something similar? I would like to transfer the frag into a tank that (currently) does not have bubble algae without spreading bubble algae to the tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new