Fragging Nepthea ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Z06-Hec
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2014
Messages
1,305
Reaction score
143
Location
Cumming
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im picking up a giant Nepthea today and as it stands it is too big for any 1 spot in my tank.
I plan on cutting it up to a few smaller pieces...
As I understand its a soft coral and cannot be glued? Needs to be rubber band to something?

May be selling a few of the frags local only.
 
One thing I have seen done...

you can stick a toothpick through the base of the new frag horizontally, and rubber band the toothpick to a frag plug.
 
i got lucky, the guy broke his rock and there was small pieces it was attached to. So they have anchors at least. From there i can glue or sell as it.
I have 3 pieces, 1 big and 2 medium. I had 4 and sold one already.
Plan on keeping the bigger one and unloading the other 2 local.
 
I have a small one now that opens fully all the time. It's slowly growing and I hope to be able to frag it sometime in the next year so that I have several in the tank. Let me know how yours turns out.
 
One thing I have seen done...

you can stick a toothpick through the base of the new frag horizontally, and rubber band the toothpick to a frag plug.

You just reminded me, bought two dendronephthya yesterday, there held by piercing a thread on their stock close to this artificial rock like base and tying it around base. First time I see that.
 
I use a needle and fishing line just pierce the stock run the line through and tied to a piece of rubble works great.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new