Fragging pipe organ coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter John3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
1,301
Reaction score
1,314
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone successfully fragged pipe organ coral? Any tips or tricks? I have one that is white but it developed 6-8 polyps that fluoresce green. What I wanted to do was see if I could frag off just 1 or a couple of the green ones and see if I could grow an entire colony of the green color.
 
Has anyone successfully fragged pipe organ coral? Any tips or tricks? I have one that is white but it developed 6-8 polyps that fluoresce green. What I wanted to do was see if I could frag off just 1 or a couple of the green ones and see if I could grow an entire colony of the green color.
That's a good question. I'm interested to know as well. Following along.
 
Frag it? if it does well in your tank you will be cursing it- knocking huge chunks off with a putty knife!
Also, neon green pipe organ for sale! :)
 
My colony has started to really grow. It’s not really encrusting much, just growing out like a ball. The green polyps are still there while the rest remain white. No new green polyps that I can tell though.....

BC103196-7B49-45F4-8746-17C5F8BCF928.jpeg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new