Fragging Pulsing Xenia

  • Thread starter Thread starter sean9_man
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sean9_man

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2014
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone could give me some tips in fragging these? I recently tried fragging a branch using rubber band to hold it in place. I think it was a bit too tight and it broke off.

I hear using mesh is a good way? Please advise!

Thanks!
 
Rubber band always worked for me.
But I always found an indentation in the rock so the rubber band was never fully choking the xenia
 
Try one of those in tank fish breeder net cages. You can put live rock rubble in the bottom and it will attach eventually. I do this with mushrooms all the time.
 
I tried but I guess the piece I tried to frag was a bit too small so it was quite difficult. How many days does it take for it to hold? 7?
 
Pete, only issue for me is in putting the frags back into the DT and it has a lot of flow so I want to keep it still
 
You put the breeder net inside the tank until it attaches to the rock. It will take a week or two, but once it takes hold its safe to put it back in the display
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new