Fragging some GSP

R33fDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some bright green GSP in my Display Tank and I want to frag some of it in order to make a GSP Wall in my Quarantine Tank. I've never fragged GSP before and I don't want to make the mistake of have buts and pieces of this GSP chip and float off into places I don't want it in the DT.

So what do suggest? I razor blade, can I just pull some off? Any help would be appreciated.

Also is was pretty much closed up in these photos. Thought it would be a good time to take pictures of the actual "Skelton" it has laid down.
20210811_212959.jpg
20210811_213007.jpg
20210811_213011.jpg

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually you can peel it off, especially if it's on glass. Then, you can use superglue to attach it directly to the spot you want it. Just be careful because the base of the GSP is very thin.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you aren't in a big hurry, lean some frag plugs along side of it so it spreads to those.
then you can move the new plugs to another location where you want new growth.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can pull the rock out and work with it if needed. It should peel off like a mat for the most part. Don't be worried about it being out of the water, I have mine out for 20+ minutes at a time when cutting new frags

OP
OP
R33fDaddy

R33fDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think going to try the frag plug and attempting to peel some of it off. It's kinda deep in my tank so maybe the frag plug will work best.

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think going to try the frag plug and attempting to peel some of it off. It's kinda deep in my tank so maybe the frag plug will work best.
How did it go? Planning to do tye same and hope to learn some dos and donts from your experience. Thanks.

Gup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some pieces of Marco Rock left over. So I attached ceramic magnets to the back. Then just put them on the back glass. Now it's just a matter of waiting for it to spread. Is it something you might want to try if you have any rock left over from your scape. It does create a nice 3D appearance

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

• I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

• I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Back