Fragging Zoas

  • Thread starter Thread starter reesed5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reesed5

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2015
Messages
91
Reaction score
16
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tips and how do I frag zoanthids. I will put a bunch of different topics on fragging different coral. If anyone can tell me how to frag zoas that would be great. I am new to fragging.
 
I noticed you made a few other threads, asking similar questions. R2R is full of quality info. try using the search function in the upper right corner. its quite helpful and will bring up a load of threads already covering this topic, in depth.
basically, be safe, use gloves/eye protection, use sharp implement(scalpel, razor blade, scissors, diamond blade saw), clean plugs and glue. cut, glue, done.
 
A lot of mine are on large discs and I either use a band saw or a Dremel with a diamond wheel to cut around the polyps I want to frag. Or if they're on plugs I use bone cutters to break pieces off. If they're on a rock use a razor under them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new