Frags Delivered Late. Water cool.

  • Thread starter Thread starter 64Ivy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

64Ivy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2011
Messages
465
Reaction score
447
Location
Greenwich, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what's the coolest water that YOUR frags have ever survived? Did you take any special steps during the acclimation process?
 
I have had sps come in water as low as 60 degrees. Just acclimated slow and everything worked out well
 
I had a deliver from florida last thanksgiving that was a day late and stuffed in a cold warehouse over night, I lost all my sps but my euphylia and zoas survived. I would guess the water at 60 degrees or so. I never did take a measurement of that.
 
I've had stuff come in about 60F too. It depends on the coral. LPS did Ok but I lost about half the sticks that came in.
 
These were all SPS; four to be exact but a couple pretty high end ones (otherwise they would've come in on time).
 
I remember hurricane Irene I had a power outage my temp dropped down to 65 loss all SPS. Goodluck, hope yours survive!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new