Frags from TRC - post your wins and orders here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefcatch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
My second time buying from him … he is selling an absolute amazing pieces.
Most healthiest frags I bought ever.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_6022.jpeg
    IMG_6022.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_6021.jpeg
    IMG_6021.jpeg
    234.6 KB · Views: 48

exquisitething

View Badges
Reaction score
I had a great experience with Thirstys Reef; excellent communication, reasonable price, and nice and healthy pieces. Here are the frags for just 5 minutes being in the tank. Excuse me for the out-of-focus pics.

Screen Shot 2024-01-11 at 12.32.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-11 at 12.44.36 PM.png

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I had a great experience with Thirstys Reef; excellent communication, reasonable price, and nice and healthy pieces. Here are the frags for just 5 minutes being in the tank. Excuse me for the out-of-focus pics.

Is the top pic angry bird on the left and super bird on the right?

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I just received a 17 frag order from Thirstysreef and was blown away by how healthy and happy all of the frags looked. There was excellent polyp extension still inside the bags and everything was beautifully packed. The communication was amazing, from initial purchase to figuring out logistics of shipping with the current weather patterns to follow up very shortly after receiving the shipment. Needless to say I am very impressed and will be back for more!

I am incredibly thankful for the attention to detail, customer service and respect toward these amazing animals we are all big fans of.

ryanfonto

View Badges
Reaction score
IMG_9755.jpeg

Here’s a quick snapshot of most of my corals from thirstysreef , out of the box they were VIBRANT everything was super healthy I have full confidence in Johnny to deliver high quality frags at great prices. Can’t wait for my corals that he has cooking for me! Johnny sparked my love for SPS and my wallet has been regretting it ever since but well worth every penny and would do it 100/100 times. Thank you johnny!

phimbohk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Buying from Johnny is absolutely incredible! It's like the most effortless, hassle-free buying experience you could ever dream of. Believe me, he's got you completely covered with all the answers to your questions, and to top it off, he offers the absolute best prices around! You won't find a more fantastic place to shop than with Johnny!
IMG_2257.png

OP
OP
Thirstysreef

Thirstysreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks Thirstysreef! Order just came in, and all corals have PE right away!

Wonderful customer service. I look forward to future orders!
Here is a pic

0DF1B3F8-3B11-4E25-AB17-5D4C20B95E85.jpeg
I love hearing PE in the bag upon arrival. Judging the current temps is always so tricky, so I am so happy they arrived in good shape =)

Second order done. That fruit loops is indeed awesome. Picked up another Homewrecker and a Superbird, Jolt, MattV rainbow and Sundae driver. Mostly the top left and homewrecker rightside. Will order again.
That's a nice selection of pieces. As frags, they generally look just okay, but the awesome part is that as they grow bigger, the color really comes in. Excited to see how they grow over time! keep us posted!

I’ve bought many of corals from Thirsty Reef. I would 100000% recommend him. Get person to deal with and always willing to help if something doesn’t turn out correctly. Best seller I’ve bought from hands down, great customer service that’s hard to come by when purchasing corals.
Aside from selling corals, I enjoy helping everyone achieve their tank goals, sharing my learnings over time. Definitely the ICP testing and getting the water consistent will help us get your tank and frags to look amazing!!

I got my second order showing up tomorrow, will post when they arrive.
How'd these go!? I had so many boxes that i forgot if i messaged you to check in =/

I have had at least 3 orders with thirsty reef and picking up my fourth this week. My entire collection is thirty reef frags! Instant designer corals! All frags are in great condition and my tank is glowing with colors! Thank you thirsty reef for making my tank something I am proud to look at each day!!!
Good seeing you today when you picked up your AB! Make sure to post a picture of it when you get a chance.

Very happy with my rocket! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

IMG_4758.jpeg
This thing has really grown huge!!

I’ve done a significant amount of business with Thirstysreef. Each time has been a great experience. Any time a problem arose, he took care of it without question. I can’t recommend him highly enough. I attached a few photos of frags. TRC Superbird, TSA Fruity Pebbles, JF Homewrecker; all recently received. JF Sunday Driver, Vivid’s Insanity and CB Golden Jawdropper from previous orders.

IMG_1031.jpeg
These are some awesome frags. But yes, it is one of my things that I want to make sure each order and frag is in happy shape before I consider the sale concluded. If a frag arrives stressed, my job is not yet done. For anyone else who orders in the future, just do know that I will do everything I can to make sure you get the frag in good condition. I have shipped the same order 4 times due to UPS errors. I sometimes will see if you can help me with the shipping cost, but for those who refuse, I will still do my best to make sure you are happy.

Of course, sometimes people are unreasonable, in which case, I will still do the right thing, but I do make a list of people to not sell to in the future.

Got lucky enough to win this Vivids Insanity colony in a waffle and couldn’t be happier ! Awesome seller delivered it in person even though we weren’t in the same city. Goes the extra mile no doubt.
IMG_6249.jpeg
Getting this to you was definitely something that stressed me out!!... such a huge colony is not easy to manuver around. I am glad it survived and looking amazing!

IMG_7714.jpeg
Healthy colorful frags from Thirsty’s! Confetti, Cofefe, Flamethrower, Time Machine, Supreme and Super Bird.
Man these frags are looking pretty darn good for the first day in your tank! I am looking forward to seeing them mature over the coming months! make sure to post updates!

My second time buying from him … he is selling an absolute amazing pieces.
Most healthiest frags I bought ever.

Thank you.
YAY. I evaluate myself with whether or not people come back for second, thirds fourths, etc. I look forward to your updates!

Looking good so far. I do admit some of my frags are on the smaller side. I know people's wallets are tighter now than other times in the past, so I've tried to create cheaper prices with smaller pieces. On my site, one can choose 1/2, 3/4 or other sizes that suit their budget. Generally on ebay I do list smaller pieces. But for this sunday, scheduled to go live in about 12 hours, I've listed multiple sides for a few pieces!

I just received a 17 frag order from Thirstysreef and was blown away by how healthy and happy all of the frags looked. There was excellent polyp extension still inside the bags and everything was beautifully packed. The communication was amazing, from initial purchase to figuring out logistics of shipping with the current weather patterns to follow up very shortly after receiving the shipment. Needless to say I am very impressed and will be back for more!

I am incredibly thankful for the attention to detail, customer service and respect toward these amazing animals we are all big fans of.
Super thankful this box arrived okay. Sending 15+ pound boxes always gives me a bit of stress on whether UPS will do a good job or not. When you get a chance, do take a picture of everything and update this thread! =)

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Here are some shots of my 17 frag order… will preemptively say that I am a terrible photographer and by no means attribute this to Johnny’s gorgeous coral. My favorite right now is the Angry Birds!

1DBCB89E-AA94-4638-884D-36187CC7E687.jpeg
2F846B37-5418-4140-BFDB-993BE1134F66.jpeg
AFA96CD5-B3B9-45DA-ABDA-D01D43D53A47.jpeg

Alexpark911

View Badges
Reaction score
Ive experienced many different vendors but never been happier with Johnny, thirsty reef. Crazy coloring, amazing PE, super healthy clean corals… just mind blowing… I initially got my first dozens few months back and waiting to get my second batch… perhaps couple dozens? I’ve decided to get rid of all my corals and switch my entire stock with thirsty reef…

Attachments

• IMG_2231.jpeg
    IMG_2231.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2082.jpeg
    IMG_2082.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2080.jpeg
    IMG_2080.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2031.jpeg
    IMG_2031.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 36

p1u5h13r4m24

View Badges
Reaction score
honestly you are the most reasonable guy I have ever worked with. I’ve spent over 2k on corals with Johnny with 2 shipments and both times the corals were flawless, healthiest and most colorful pieces you can buy. The prices were great and he will work with you.
With that being said it’s extremely hard for me to not be bias and say this guy is just trying to get some free frags. I guarantee u whatever he did get in replace of what he was supposed to get is an extraordinary piece.
It’s hard to refund a free item. That’s like returning a child’s happy meal because they didn’t get the free toy they wanted.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Wanted to get some feedback from those who have bought from me, or any prospective buyer.

I shipped 6 corals to an individual, it arrived on the 11th. That was the day of crazy number of boxes going out, so I did mess up on one of the frags and sent the wrong one.

I ask if there’s any plans to order others, and if not I can ship on its own. Customer responded that there’s no current plans to make another order.

I didn’t immediately respond as I had already said I would ship it on its own if that’s what’s needed, also I was just working and didn’t see the text message until later. I was thinking I’d msg him when it’s time to ship.

Anyways it’s now 2 days later, he must have been frustrated that I didn’t respond, but I guess I’m used to people not responding right away… he is asking for a refund. This order was a buy 3 get 2 free order for my Christmas sale. So doing a full refund when one of the items is what qualified him for the free items doesn’t really calculate out. So I offered him a pro-rata refund…. To which he was unhappy about and then as a final touch demanded that I send him the refund today. To quote him “this needs to be done today”

I’m generally pretty reasonable and flexible when it comes to what a customer finds as fair. My goal is to make sure every customer is happy. The only exception to that rule is when I deal with entitled rude disrespectful people. In my entire dealing with this individual, I gave zero indication that I would do the wrong thing. Yet this person felt the need to make a demand, 2 days after receiving the item, on a Saturday morning.

At which time, I told him, no problem, I will refund you, but don’t plan to buy from me in the future.

My experience with most buyers and sellers in this hobby is that things just move a little slower than Amazon prime. This isn’t Amazon 1-day shipping, our industry. Especially for sellers like myself who are a 1 man show, I will often not reply on time, for that I apologize. Is it too much to expect to have some latitude in this regard of having things drag on little bit longer? This in terms of a couple days.

In any case, for those who haven’t bought from me before, do know that sometimes you will be delayed in responding. But I will always do the right thing. Also know that if you start acting unreasonable, I will respond in kind

For vendors who want a warning of who this individual is, feel free to PM me
I can understand the frustration of not receiving a coral that you were supposed to get and didn't. So they received 6 corals and one was the wrong one? If that's the case, then a reasonable customer would understand the mistake and wait for some correspondence before being rash. You already said you would ship it on its own if they weren't planning on another order. Case closed to me. Asking for a full refund on 6 corals because one was wrong or missing isn't the right/honest thing to do. Seems like they got in their feelings over the 2 day silence and that dictated their decision no matter the resolution you offered. Missing or wrong corals being delivered happens quite frequently in this online ordering game. Mistakes are going to happen and if people want absolutes then go to LFS or face to face for buys. The solution you offered is exactly what should have been offered

ELChingonsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
I've purchased a couple frags from thirstyreef recently. Absolutely amazing. Everything I buy from thirstyreef comes well packed and sps have pollup extension in the bag.frags I've purchased in the past have grown quickly and healthy. Thirsty contributes a great deal to the hobby by providing us hobbiest with super rare sps for a fair price. Hes always available to answer whatever questions I have. I have some frags arriving tomorrow. I'll post pics. From el chingons reef, to thirstyreef, much respect to you brother.

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
I placed an order with Thirsty back in November and asked for them to be held until January due to the ice cold weather here in Colorado.After seeing these pics I am really looking forward to this shipment.

OP
OP
Thirstysreef

Thirstysreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I placed an order with Thirsty back in November and asked for them to be held until January due to the ice cold weather here in Colorado.After seeing these pics I am really looking forward to this shipment.
Yea I was just looking at the spreadsheet, let me know if next week is a week week for you to receive

OP
OP
Thirstysreef

Thirstysreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I've purchased a couple frags from thirstyreef recently. Absolutely amazing. Everything I buy from thirstyreef comes well packed and sps have pollup extension in the bag.frags I've purchased in the past have grown quickly and healthy. Thirsty contributes a great deal to the hobby by providing us hobbiest with super rare sps for a fair price. Hes always available to answer whatever questions I have. I have some frags arriving tomorrow. I'll post pics. From el chingons reef, to thirstyreef, much respect to you brother.
Just dropped off your box at ups

With the rest of the country frozen, shipping to the west coast or west of Texas is still doable this week!

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 62 28.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 47 21.8%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 25 11.6%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 74 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back