Francisco's 35G Reef

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day all,

Glad to show off my new 35g custom tank build by a local company in the Dominican Republic (where I live). I decided to go with this size because I'm at a point in life that my time is so limited due to responsibilities that probably most of you have. I believe it is a manageable size tank. Something I have learned through the years is that no matter how big/small your tank is, mainly at the beginning they require a lot of attention. I prepared myself and planned everything before purchasing anything. I planned to make it a LPS tank but most of my friends run SPS so I decided to take the shot.

Here's what I got:

-Display: 24 x 18 x 18 rimless with high clarity glass.
-Overflow: Eshopps Eclipse S
-Sump: 19 x 12 x 13.
-Aluminum Stand
-Return pump: Jebao Dcp 2500.
-Wavemakers: x2 Ecotech Marine Vortech Mp10
-Lighting: Aquatic Life 24" with Radion XR 15 PRO
-Skimmer: SCA 301
-ATO: Tunze 3152

Live Stock:

-Blue Tang
-x2 Clownfish
-Royal Gramma

I cycled the rocks for about 2 months and then added fish and turned on the lights and everything is being great since.

The tank is 3 months old and looks like this at the time. (Fish love to hide when I take pics)

6E4D67DC-BC15-4ED9-8FAB-9BCA88CEF1BA.JPG

Thank you for reading :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Planned to go BB with this tank but after 3 months I started missing the sand look and just hated how Pvc board looks with all detritus and algae. Asked for help and my nephew came by to help to add sand to the tank :)

PHOTO-2019-12-23-11-00-07.jpg

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool tank! I like it with sand better.
I’m setting up
A 60 cube and planning on sand. I have a 10 gal bare bottom now, but I think sand looks so much better!

OP
OP
G

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Dealing with dinos at the moment. I knew this was going to happen as I started with dry rock from the start. Hanna's arrived on Friday and I tested everything with the following results:

ALK = 7.7
CA = 420
MG = 1350
PO4 = 0.01
NO3 = 0
TEMP = 82f
Salinity = 1.025

I need more nutrients on the tank so I decided to stop my skimmer from running. From now on the tank will only run on filter socks. More nutrients will promote the growth of other algae that can actually outgrow the dinos. UV is coming too to join me in the battle.

On another page, I had a mess with cables so I decided to clean a bit and this is how it looks now. I know is still a mess but it is better than what I had!

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-12 at 2.12.17 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-12 at 2.12.17 PM.jpeg

OP
OP
G

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never updated this thread because of busy life. This tank has been shut down an upgraded to a new 80g:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back