Free 5' round and 18" tall Round Reef and Stand

Dmorel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. Some of you may remember me as one of the founding members of PROP many years ago. I was pretty active in the forums and the local community for a long time, but my tank has been through some ups and downs and is now empty. It's ready for its next home, and... it's FREE for the taking.

Here's what it currently looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/Cn1xxaA

It's dirty, as you can see because we drained it fast as the last of the livestock was moved out, but nothing a half hour of vinegar and water wouldn't fix. It DOES have some minor crazing that can't be buffed out (mostly on what would be the "back" of that picture, but also a tiny bit on what would be the front right), but it's really not noticable. The tank is totally usable and fairly unique. You can even have the closed loop plumbing but not the pump or the the wavemaker.

There's a catch though, you have to take the stand, and I'm not sure how to get it out of the house. It won't fit out the door, it's about two inches too big, we had to take out a door frame to get it in, but I can't pay for that to give it away.

So if you want it, you need to have a clever way to get that stand out. I don't personally have a good idea other than cutting it with a torch, which is obviously not ideal since you can't use it then, and also, I don't have a torch to cut it with.

I'm available on Friday the 15th during the day, and probably the Monday and Tuesday after that as my wife is out of town and I'd like to get it done while she's gone.

Not to sound like a jerk, but it's not a "dibs" thing. Simply posting first does not guarantee you the tank and stand. I will give preference to people that want to use the tank for a display themselves AND can articulate a plan to get the stand out. If you know me outside of the forums, feel free to reach out directly, else post here and I'll check back in over the next few days. I'm making a duplicate post on RC (and you can also find my build thread there if you want to see what is possible with this tank).

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back