Free Dalie's Smokehouse BBQ near Eureka MO, 12/29/2023! Aquarium move assistance request..

Orion9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello,
I'm trying to recruit extra help for an aquarium move on 12/29/23 @ 6:30pm near Eureka MO (109 & W). I'll have plenty of Dalie's BBQ ribs, brisket, pulled chicken and sides available. I'm looking to move a 600lb tank from the garage onto a stand inside the house. I have suction cups and furniture dolies but need extra manpower to help lift. Please PM if you have time to assist, and like BBQ.
Thanks!
IMG_8283 (1).jpg

OP
OP
O

Orion9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thank you for the for the compliment and offer! I'll send the address and will be happy to show off the Z if you're into cars as well! So far I have 7 volunteers but hopeful to add a few more by Friday.
Thanks again,
John

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John, in the 90’s I lived in Chesterfield while going to school. If I was still there I would give you a hand, I’m a sucker for St.Louis barbecue. We used to grill pork steaks, can’t get that cut in Ohio. Speaking of the 90’s, that is when your Z was built! I almost bought one but went with a Dodge Stealth RT. I wish I would’ve kept it but two kids in 16 months, you know how that goes.

OP
OP
O

Orion9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Kev,
I'm originally from Creve Coeur and spent a lot of time in Chesterfield while attending high school in the late 80's to early 90's. One of my previous coworkers owned a Stealth RT TwinTurbo, it was a very cool car! I was envious of its all wheel drive and low 60' times at the drag strip.

Mine is a 1990 TwinTurbo w/a little over 50k miles. Its been neglected for a while but I cant seem to part with it. Its a garage queen but I try to drive it a few times per month to keep seals from cracking.

Z Drag Racing.JPG
IMG_0884small.jpg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Kev,
I'm originally from Creve Coeur and spent a lot of time in Chesterfield while attending high school in the late 80's to early 90's. One of my previous coworkers owned a Stealth RT TwinTurbo, it was a very cool car! I was envious of its all wheel drive and low 60' times at the drag strip.

Mine is a 1990 TwinTurbo w/a little over 50k miles. Its been neglected for a while but I cant seem to part with it. Its a garage queen but I try to drive it a few times per month to keep seals from cracking.

Z Drag Racing.JPG
IMG_0884small.jpg
I’m drooling! So many great cars at that time it was hard to choose and they all came with a souped up turbo version. Mitsubishi 3000gt, 300zx, Toyota MR2, mazda RX7 and my holy grail Toyota Supra with the big tall spoiler. A little bit out of this group, the Acura Nsx. That was a great time, poor broke student who got every car magazine delivered at the time!

OP
OP
O

Orion9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had a collection of car mags as well, and agree the Supra was the holy grail! It was a fun time, but also led to reeftank neglect for me, too many competing interests...
25 years later and I'm back working on the reeftank.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a collection of car mags as well, and agree the Supra was the holy grail! It was a fun time, but also led to reeftank neglect for me, too many competing interests...
25 years later and I'm back working on the reeftank.
I can’t wait to see what comes to fruition!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in, pm sent ;)

OP
OP
O

Orion9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll send a private jet right over! (That's the beer talking..) Or its only a 10 hour road trip from Ohio :)

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You rock, funny because when I lived there the speed limit was 55 mph, it was a 12 hour drive. Southwest Airlines was expanding east. $ 49 to Cleveland and a friend flys free . My wife and I jumped all over that’.

OP
OP
O

Orion9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If anyone else is interested, or has time to help out later this evening, please let me know, I'll have plenty of BBQ and beer available. There are 6 volunteers so far which should be enough, but any additional support or backup would be appreciated!

Dalies.JPG

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I have to say, is the tank looks great in place. I cannot wait to see the tank wet.

OP
OP
O

Orion9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It wouldn't have made it with out your help!

I've had 4 hrs sleep since but hopeful to return fish and corals to it tomorrow.

Thanks again, it was a pleasure meeting Luz and yourself!

OP
OP
O

Orion9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Please hurry, there are plenty of leftovers and work to do! I'm struggling to remember why I started this project, I've not been this sore or tired in a long time... I hope to fill it today, my fish and corals don't seem happy in temporary housing.

IMG_8340.jpg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, you got a lot done, impressive! Glad you got the help. I think you need to go to my old school’s clinic, in Chesterfield, and get some therapy and adjustments. Looking forward to seeing some life in your tank, quit slacking, I’m impatient.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 141 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.0%
Back