Lend your muscle for BBQ (Aurora, CO)?

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning folks,

I'm trying to assemble a team of folk to help me move my WB P7225 up to my main floor. I've contacted professionals (in aquatic trade), movers, and even a few neighbors. For one reason or another, I get no response, less than enthusiastic replies, or I get ghosted. The biggest concern I have with all but the professionals is that people don't understand or appreciate what an aquarium means. I'm worried about handling it. Unfortunately, this has delayed my build for too long.

It isn't a terribly long distance to traverse, but it does involve a stairwell, a small landing, and another small set of steps. The stairwell's hallway is probably average-sized - it accommodated a french door fridge without much issue.

Are there any local reefers that are willing to meet up and help me move the tank upstairs? The tank is just under 400 lbs, so I'll need at least two more people (in addition to my partner and me).

I have an appliance dolly rated for 600 lbs. I was thinking about using that, with appropriate padding, to do most of the work. One or two to pull the dolly up slowly, and the other two to push/guide the tail. Maybe a fifth to monitor and direct. Alternatively, I have the aluminum glass/granite grade tri-suction cup lifters (x4) that might make this easier (?) as a low lift and move.

Despite knowing the dimensions well beforehand, I didn’t visualize it being the behemoth that it is.

Afterward, I'd love to treat ya to BBQ. If I don't have time to smoke some brisket myself (schedule dependent), then we can head over to Famous Dave's BBQ. Alternatively, I can also offer direct compensation if that is more agreeable.

I am located in Aurora near Moline and 25th (Bluff Creek/ Sandy Creek area) just southwest of 70 and 225.

If you think you might be able to lend a hand, let me know privately and I'll reach out as soon as I know more (have enough hands).

Much appreciated,

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back