• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

[FREE] Red Sea Reefer 425XL Display Tank

Style68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I don't know if this is worth posting but I figured it's worth a shot before I throw this display tank out.

The tank was used for around five months and I found light salt creep building up behind the tank towards the bottom. It wasn't a lot of salt (more like sprinkle of salt) but after wiping it off, a few weeks later salt would lightly build up again. Since the tank was a bare bottom system I was able to finally find the issue. There was a very tiny crack on the bottom glass right where the bottom and back glass meet. The plastic black strip located inside the bottom of the tank made it difficult to find the crack. Red Sea was able to send me a replacement tank.

I don't know if this is repairable but as I mentioned earlier there were no leaks and only light salt accumulation was happening every few weeks. If anyone is interested in this tank please PM me. I will eventually discard it if there is no interest.

Best

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back