Free shipping eligibility increase?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I missed it, but when did the cart total have to be $39 or more to qualify for free shipping? Seems like it wasn't too long ago that it was $29, and even cheaper prior to that. This may make Amazon competitive with BRS now. Often times BRS was less expensive with free shipping and it offset the longer delivery times compared to Amazon. Did this change to $39 happen recently or did I just not notice?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I will never argue with this, , , ever. USPS/FedEx/UPS have gone out of the roof.
$80 to ship a 4 stage RO unit (UPS), $59 to ship a resin ornament ($50.90 -UPS), and $41.00 to ship 4 bottles of Triton chemicals (USPS). I often say HOW can BRS and others offer free ship after such a low amount. I have lost SO MUCH money this year selling items DUE TO Insane shipping charges.
My worse yet is shipping a bag of DI resin that I sold for $15, and it cost $18.10 to ship

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's why I order off saltwater aquarium they offer such discounts and free shipping for any minium and there rewards program is really good. Ive always been confused why people order off brs in fairness they have good support and videos but overall I shop for th best deals

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I noticed that too, but when I logged into my preferred reefer account the banner changed and it said $29 instead.

Hmmmm... it’s not doing that now. Weird.

Last edited:

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week, we did change the minimum order threshold for free shipping. To be up front and honest with you all, carrier rates are increasing and we were actually losing money on most orders at the previous threshold. The good news is that while the minimum order did increase by a few dollars, we are still able to offer a free shipping method. With the average order being above that threshold, this change shouldn't affect a majority of customers.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back