Free Swag Pack Giveaway - Drawing Date: Nov 8th - claimed!

helldiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started in 2010 help me stop drinking i have a 120 reef tank now

fts 90616.jpg

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My brother and I both have reef tanks. So whenever either on of us gets a new coral we always frag it for the other. Usually whenever we buy dry goods we get the bulk orders and get the extra discount and split it up. It's good to have someone to help and it sure makes Reefing more affordable!

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I bought my current tank, the guy I was buying from gave me his school of chromis from his running display tank simply because I made a comment about how attractive I thought they were.

I Take Cars

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A man I met at my firts local club meeting gave me a sump so I could upgrade my 2003 tank a bit. It was an old wetdry that I glued baffles in. Works great still to this day. I will be passing it on when I upgrade this tank. Pay it forward. My fish thank him lol

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@NHreefguy watched over my first bunch of corals while my tank cycled, he built both of my tank stands, built my 40g sump, gave me coals, and supplies. @AdamD76 gave me some macro algae, Ca test kit, empty snail shells, and a great deal on an reef octopus 150.

Great guys!

deedeecmt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was messaged by member who attended MACNA and they had a whole swag pack that they wanted to give away to one lucky member here on the forums! This is really awesome of @SandJ for providing these items from her trip and shipping them to the winner!

So how do you get entered?

1. In honor of this kind deed just make a post about something cool another reefer has ever done for you or you have seen done for someone else.

*If you attended MACNA you are ineligible to win, sorry*

The prize? All these goodies!

IMG_3930.JPG

Thanks again Jennifer!!

We will pick a winner on 11/8/16.
Ive never done anything like this before. What do I do to put up my post? Please email me [email protected].
In case I can't figure it out I'll put it here and hope you will OK with it. I love this post!! My husband and I have been married 50 years next Dec. We always had aquarium s of some sort. My husband would tell me every time I ask for a salt tank, maybe some day!! Having a salt tank was our dream. Well I got my tank!!! He retires Nov.next month. To celebrate he turned our 129gal. fresh water tank into a salt tank!! He did it for me but actually both of us. It's our retirement,and anniversary present! I love him for all the hard work he puts into it. Now we have something to enjoy in our golden years. Love you Larry. Reef2reef is our God send. I am always looking up something new.

Jack Eskay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local reefer gave me a massive hammer piece for free and also told me about and got me on these wonderful forums. so blessed to have a great feeding community in this area!!

jimknutson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the Atlanta market, the reef club members have a pay it forward program that keeps new and in need reef enthusiasts in the hobby. I participated along with many before and after. Remember there are always hobbyist that have mishaps or tradgedy. And there is always someone new that could use a hand to make the hobby more enjoyable. I love reef keeping.

lemonyx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My very first club meeting, I mentioned that I was just starting out and the host where we had the meeting gave me a bunch of SPS frags to fill my empty tank up. So pay it forward now.

hermocentricorbit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS in Edmonton walked me through everything I needed to know to start setting up my tank, taught me sea cucumber physiology, and made sure all my questions were answered well past closing!

Phyllis-Sherer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm literally brand new to this by two weeks, but the lady at Fishy Business in Columbia SC was very knowledgeable about sea-life and helping me set up my brand new tank with sand, saltwater, warmth and a filter so my conch wouldn't die!

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to thank a friend and fellow Reefer Who taught the Meaning of Paying it forward and Gave me the privilege to be able to do so myself. Thanks: Eric C.

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, new here, however here is my story.

My brother in law used to be in the reefing hobby but when a close friend of his returned from overseas he gave him everything. Mainly to help him with his stress and ptsd.

Kswish74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a local guy that has access to whole sale and he provides some really cheap fish. It shows thAt our one and only lfs is about 100% marked up.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back