Free to good homes!

Trandall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the Sheridan area only. Not shipping anywhere. 2 Cucumbers. They're great but I have 3 in my 67 g. tank and that's too many. So- I'd like to find a home for two of them. If you'd like one or both of them, give me a call and swing by and pick them up. I can't put them in the big tank due to the fish I have.

They are good sized, not tiny ones. So -if you're having a problem keeping your sand clean, come get a cucumber!:smile:

Natclanwy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terry, I think I am going to pass they get a little too big for my 55g tank and I am wary of anything that eats the fauna out of my sand.

str8salt

OG SALT CREEP!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be interested Terry. what do you want for them? I think I would only need one. Let me know. Happy reefing.

OP
OP
Trandall

Trandall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Price is right.... FREE! I have two black and one yellow/brownish one. they are good sized and doing a great job but it's just over kill for my tank.
I was thinking of keeping the yellowish one. you can have one or both of the black ones.

OP
OP
Trandall

Trandall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another *Free to good home*

I *really* like this guy! He's very cool but is just a bit big for my tank. i mean it's not really but for the fish stock i'm planning, he is just a bit big.
He's a VERY cool decorator crab. completely safe, doesn't bother anyone or anything. *YES* he does pick up pieces of coral, sponge, etc to *adorn* himself with ! LOL! But he's fully loaded < came that way> and hasn't bothered any of my sponges, etc.
He's a busy guy and he's fun to watch. Wish I could put him in the big tank but he'd be toast in there!

So.... if one of you < in the Sheridan area, no shipping> would like to give him a good home, he's yours!

Let me know~:bigsmile:

str8salt

OG SALT CREEP!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will talk to my wife and set something up. How big are they? I only need one. Only have a 75. Ill let you know. thanks

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I *really* like this guy! He's very cool but is just a bit big for my tank. i mean it's not really but for the fish stock i'm planning, he is just a bit big.
He's a VERY cool decorator crab. completely safe, doesn't bother anyone or anything. *YES* he does pick up pieces of coral, sponge, etc to *adorn* himself with ! LOL! But he's fully loaded < came that way> and hasn't bothered any of my sponges, etc.
He's a busy guy and he's fun to watch. Wish I could put him in the big tank but he'd be toast in there!

So.... if one of you < in the Sheridan area, no shipping> would like to give him a good home, he's yours!

Let me know~:bigsmile:

Hey Terri, I can put this guy in the same tank as the Mantis, so if nobody else is interested, I'll take him off your hands. LMK. Got some good pics of the Mantis which I need to get added to the other thread just haven't had time.

str8salt

OG SALT CREEP!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terry, how does Sunday work for you? Let me know. I've been wanting a cuke and something always seemed to go wrong with getting one. Thanks, Tim

Natclanwy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Terri, I can put this guy in the same tank as the Mantis, so if nobody else is interested, I'll take him off your hands. LMK. Got some good pics of the Mantis which I need to get added to the other thread just haven't had time.

I'm thinking the mantis will kill this crab, but I don't know for sure.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking the mantis will kill this crab, but I don't know for sure.

I don't think so, the crab is pretty good sized. But if somebody else wants him, by all means speak up.

OP
OP
Trandall

Trandall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah....this crab is WAY bigger than the Mantis. Been having conversations with long time reffers on Reef Central who have had Mantis's in their tanks for years with very few if any problems. they say they do take out some snails and sometimes smaller crabs but that's about it. these people have said the Mantis don't bother their fish at all. they enjoy their antics and say it's worth having to spring for more cleaner crews from time to time to keep one.

but if anyone else wants the decorator, he's yours! Otherwise Randy I'll let you know and you can have him.

Been wanting to come up to the junior high and check out your tanks including the 100g that Dennis and john set up for you.
Dennis was going to bring me up a couple weeks ago but had to cancel.

OP
OP
Trandall

Trandall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tim! Just give me a call so I'll be home. I'm in and out all the time. but sunday will likely be fine.

These cucks are probably 3 inches long and big around as a cigar or somewhere close to that. I'd love to try to put one in my big tank but don't think that would be wise given my fish in there.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah....this crab is WAY bigger than the Mantis. Been having conversations with long time reffers on Reef Central who have had Mantis's in their tanks for years with very few if any problems. they say they do take out some snails and sometimes smaller crabs but that's about it. these people have said the Mantis don't bother their fish at all. they enjoy their antics and say it's worth having to spring for more cleaner crews from time to time to keep one.

but if anyone else wants the decorator, he's yours! Otherwise Randy I'll let you know and you can have him.

Been wanting to come up to the junior high and check out your tanks including the 100g that Dennis and john set up for you.
Dennis was going to bring me up a couple weeks ago but had to cancel.

LOL Terri, my tanks are at the high school. Dennis and John did set up a large tank for the junior high, think it was a 120 - they did an awesome job. Wish it would have been for me.

str8salt

OG SALT CREEP!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Terry or is it Terri? I've seen it both ways so I hope I haven't written it wrong. I'm sorry about not getting over but things have been crazy lately with moving and all. I will try to set something up for another time if the cuc is still available. Thanks and sorry again.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back