Fresh Water Molly Help

reeftankdude

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2021
Messages
552
Reaction score
220
Location
maryland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish has been acclimated to salt water for two weeks. The fish is in a small quarantine tank. Using API General Cure, CopperSafe, and adding garlic extract to the food cured long white poop disease. However, it's bloated stomach wont go away. What should I do? Really want to put it in my display tank. thanks all
 
The fish has been acclimated to salt water for two weeks. The fish is in a small quarantine tank. Using API General Cure, CopperSafe, and adding garlic extract to the food cured long white poop disease. However, it's bloated stomach wont go away. What should I do? Really want to put it in my display tank. thanks all
 
When acclimating a fish from fresh to salt no medication is required as the freshwater parasites can not transition to salt.
 
The fish has been acclimated to salt water for two weeks. The fish is in a small quarantine tank. Using API General Cure, CopperSafe, and adding garlic extract to the food cured long white poop disease. However, it's bloated stomach wont go away. What should I do? Really want to put it in my display tank. thanks all
Picture? What kind of Molly is it? The bloated belly might be normal if it's a balloon molly...
 
since the other molly in there is male what bloating you're seeing is likely due to pregnancy, although I couldn't see any cause for concern due to bloating from the video. Fish looks very healthy
 
since the other molly in there is male what bloating you're seeing is likely due to pregnancy, although I couldn't see any cause for concern due to bloating from the video. Fish looks very healthy
Agreed, mollies breed like nothing else.
 
since the other molly in there is male what bloating you're seeing is likely due to pregnancy, although I couldn't see any cause for concern due to bloating from the video. Fish looks very healthy
Cool, but she was bloated before I put the other Molly in the tank.
 
Cool, but she was bloated before I put the other Molly in the tank.
I just rewatched the video and didn't see anything that looked alarming in terms of bloating. She could have already been pregnant as well, since both genders are often kept in the same tank at the store and livebearers can store sperm for quite some time. Unless the fish is acting strangely I wouldn't worry about it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new