Freshwater angelfish fry

  • Thread starter Thread starter dmh41532
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dmh41532

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2015
Messages
505
Reaction score
188
Location
Naples, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone happen to have experience with them? Our pairs eggs hatched, and became free swimming Monday, they aren't eating as far as I can tell, I offer powered flakes and clyclops. Can't get eggs for baby brines till the weekend. If they aren't eating dose anyone know how long they can go with out food. I can't find much online. Or if anyone can recommend a forum for freshwater
 
How are they doing? Wishing you the best.

Shelley
 
Does anyone happen to have experience with them? Our pairs eggs hatched, and became free swimming Monday, they aren't eating as far as I can tell, I offer powered flakes and clyclops. Can't get eggs for baby brines till the weekend. If they aren't eating dose anyone know how long they can go with out food. I can't find much online. Or if anyone can recommend a forum for freshwater
Hopefully they fed on their egg sacks for the first week and this gave you time to set up your brine shrimp hatchery. I buy Alive brand frozen baby brine shrimp and Piscine Energetics' frozen calanus for my small freshwater/marine fish/corals and this size food may be small enough for your baby angels. I also break up mysis based flake foods for my cichlid fry (mostly Kribensis) and they seem to do well on it.

Once paired, your angels should breed regularly and you'll have many more fry to feed, lol.

Good luck.
 
Last edited:
The fry started eating, and then the parents ate them‍♂️ This was their first clutch that hatched so hopefully they figure it out eventually. Thanks everyone
 
The fry started eating, and then the parents ate them‍♂️ This was their first clutch that hatched so hopefully they figure it out eventually. Thanks everyone
Yeah, sometimes new parents don't know how to parent; they'll be more.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new