Freshwater clownfish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lybia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the issues with salt IS the osmotic pressure, so adding something else that increases the osmotic pressure other than a salt mix won't solve the issue.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theoretically, if you placed upwards of millions of clownfish in a pool and slowly lowered salinity to freshwater, one would have a some random mutation allowing it to survive in freshwater. An adaptation leading to evolution of a new species. Ahh forced evolution.

I did this with bacteriophage (viruses for bacteria) at an old job I had. Force evolved a virus to recognize a previously unrecognizable host by providing them with ample opportunity to adapt to the new host.

Very unethical with fish but I like this stuff.

saltcats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the issues with salt IS the osmotic pressure, so adding something else that increases the osmotic pressure other than a salt mix won't solve the issue.

Yes, this is my understanding as well so I'm very unsure how the supposed product is meant to work, but that was how it had been explained there!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Per the Terms of Service, this thread is closed as it violates R2R regarding the ethical treatment of animals:

Ethical fishkeeping:

• The owners of Reef2Reef adhere to certain standards of ethical fish keeping. We believe that freshwater and saltwater aquarists are directly responsible for the health and well being of any aquatic animals in their care, be they fish or invertebrate. These responsibilities include providing a healthy aquatic environment, humane treatment, humane euthanasia (when required), as well as obtaining and disposing of aquatic animals in such a way that does not damage sensitive local ecosystems. Posts advocating the illegal collection of fish or invertebrates, inhumane treatment, flushing live animals down the toilet, or releasing them into the wild will be removed.

Thank You

Billldg

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back