Fresnel lens on kessil lights?

Chris Hendrickson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day. I came across a snippit of a video that shows kessil toying with the idea of using fresnel's on their lights which in theory would let them be mounted on the ceiling. I am wondering if anyone with kessils (a360) has tried this using some studio video light Fresnel attachments and if so how well did it work. I think with the right setup it would look amazing to not have any lights right on top of the tank with limited to no spillover.

Thanks for the input.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1574214290214.png

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are referring to our track lighting system! This is actually a product from our sister brand fiilex that does studio lighting. All we did was use the fiilex build and played around with using the Kessil LED chips. We have four about 8 ft above our lobby tank and we have been able to maintain a mixed reef. We also use this same model with the Tuna Sun spectrum to grow living walls.

Fiilex has been using fresnels and barn doors for movie sets, photography, etc.
Here's an old photo we posted a while back!

MJV15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are referring to our track lighting system! This is actually a product from our sister brand fiilex that does studio lighting. All we did was use the fiilex build and played around with using the Kessil LED chips. We have four about 8 ft above our lobby tank and we have been able to maintain a mixed reef. We also use this same model with the Tuna Sun spectrum to grow living walls.

Fiilex has been using fresnels and barn doors for movie sets, photography, etc.
Here's an old photo we posted a while back!
Please, please, please, start selling these to the public. Or make a kit so we can modify existing kessil lights. This would be the last piece of the puzzle for the peninsula tank I’m want to put in my great room. My better half likes the idea of the tank but not the mess of wires and lights hanging above the tank.
So what I’m saying is, I’d gladly let you do real world user testing at my house if you want....:)

Back