friend or foe?

ChrisfromBrick

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2024
Messages
3,564
Reaction score
4,906
Location
Brick, NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
please advise



IMG_0420.jpeg
 
Looks like a dirty asterina starfish. I would say friend. Some say certain ones eat zoas but I have never had an issue with them
 
Aquilonastra sp. or Asterina sp., if you keep Zoas: Foe, if you don't: Friend 😅
Not all eat zoas and if they have enough other things to eat they might also leave them alone, but I had the meat some VERY expensive polyps 😢
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new