Fritz Blue Box Salt PH

awashburn82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently switched from Red Sea Pro salt to Fritz Blue Box salt. I have a 75gal tank and do weekly 10gal water changes, admittedly I have been slacking on my water testing and recently noticed many of my hammer corals contracting and not looking well. I decided to do an alk test and noticed my alk has fall to around 7.6 from 9.5 when i used red sea. I also hadnt been dosing as with red sea I never needed to. Ive started dosing again and am slowing getting my alk back up. But with that said I decided to test my salt mix before putting it in the tank and noticed the alk to be 6.7dkh. Has anyone else noticed Fritz blue box to have this low of alk?

thanks

reefingaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went from red box to blue and they are rock steady 8.5 alk and 8.3ph when mixing. I love it for the $$$

dkeller22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably both. My PH won’t go over 8.0 and my ALK is below advertised when the salt is mixed. Several people at my LFS have the same results so maybe Canada is getting better stuff than the US is, but our results in my area are terrible. I’m using Hanna checkers for ALK and I have three PH sources that give the same results.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back