Fritz Salt Issues?

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put all 3 of those on a dolly. I figured how hard can it be to pull them upstairs backwards? Really bad idea! I’m not as young as I once was. Got about half way and realized I messed up. :oops:

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your amazing! Just ordered 10 bags. Thinking I might order another 10. It can't hurt. I got it all for under $60 with the subscribe and save.

I just got 20 buckets of reef crystals but I don't like reef crystals.

On topic. I had issues when I switched to fritz. After watching a buddies tank go down hill with fritz I decided to change salts as did my buddy. Sure enough both tanks bounced back. He went with read seal blue bucket and I went with instant ocean. Another friend thought we were crazy. Got fritz salt and had the same issues with his tank.

When you ask fritz about it, they ask for tour batch number. That to me says that there is most likely bad batches that they know of.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chewy.com has a 50% off sale on the 50g bags. I think its just the regular IO not reef crystals though. So I bought 8 bags.

Somebody texted me about a week ago because amazon had a sale on. All 3 of those for $64

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your amazing! Just ordered 10 bags. Thinking I might order another 10. It can't hurt. I got it all for under $60 with the subscribe and save.

I just got 20 buckets of reef crystals but I don't like reef crystals.

On topic. I had issues when I switched to fritz. After watching a buddies tank go down hill with fritz I decided to change salts as did my buddy. Sure enough both tanks bounced back. He went with read seal blue bucket and I went with instant ocean. Another friend thought we were crazy. Got fritz salt and had the same issues with his tank.

When you ask fritz about it, they ask for tour batch number. That to me says that there is most likely bad batches that they know of.

I was thinking about ordering some more myself lol. Its not like it will go to waste right.

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I watched how Jason Fox does things on Youtube how can anyone argue IO ;). Granted I'm a noobie reefer but his corals and tanks look amazing to me.

U

User1

View Badges
Well. I've decided to try red sea blue bucket. More so because it's more readily available to me than Fritz is. Along with that I've replaced every filter in my RO/DI unit (including membranes) so I will never be able to definitively pinpoint where the issue came in. But I'm hoping with the changes my corals make a bounce back.
Wish me luck everyone and thank you for the insight, advice, and personal experiences. I greatly appreciate it :)

Golden bombs of light and love.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I think this is going in a more positive direction and that’s good. I’m happy for Fritz and Rico both. Hopefully we’ll have some answers soon being that they took water and salt samples. The Fritz guys are sending off to ATI so does anybody know the turn around time for ATI?

Would be cool if something like copper was found in the water so that neither Rico or Fritz were at fault. Who knows...

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I think this is going in a more positive direction and that’s good. I’m happy for Fritz and Rico both. Hopefully we’ll have some answers soon being that they took water and salt samples. The Fritz guys are sending off to ATI so does anybody know the turn around time for ATI?

Would be cool if something like copper was found in the water so that neither Rico or Fritz were at fault. Who knows...
FWIW I checked for copper as well. Wondering if it made it's way through my rodi somehow or got cross contaminated from my qt tank in the basement. But my hannah checker came back 0, twice. I do hope they're able to figure out what's going on :)

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I got my tests results back in 1-2 weeks

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I sent in an ICP analysis this morning, after I did a big water change yesterday. Doubt I’ll find anything interesting, but I’ll post it when I get results on Friday :)

Back