Fritz salt

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a link to fritz pro salt website where i can check batch numbers? Thank you.
I don't think they post them but I could be wrong.
Are you mixing to super high mag?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No but my new box i just opened is very different from last box.
Where did your last box come in at?

When I used it, it came into about
Cal 440-450
Alk 8.5-9 dkh
Mag 1400-1420

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dkh was a 6.7 i used the last of it this morning the rest was close.
This is what their website specs. are on the RPM.
https://fritzaquatics.com/product/rpm-reef-pro-mix/

But... I only used one box and that was during the first of the year and it nailed their specs.
I seen some reports of late with some bad batches so I'm staying with the Red Sea "Blue Bucket".
I've been getting Red Sea's new "My Batch" reports and so far my test kits are nailing those reports.

Shawn Hale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a link to fritz pro salt website where i can check batch numbers? Thank you.
Hi Chris, I am happy to check this for you. Can you send an email to Andy Ternay at [email protected] and cc me at [email protected]? Andy doesn't get on R2R and I have been bad about it lately as well. I am going to try to get on more often but my travel schedule has been brutal. If you could send Andy the 5 digit lot number on the box we can send you the parameters of both boxes tested. We test every 20 boxes for Quality Control and fail the entire 40 box batch if one reading is off. Look forward to helping you!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We test every 20 boxes for Quality Control and fail the entire 40 box batch if one reading is off. Look forward to helping you!

You work for Fritz? Can you explain some aspects of the web site claims?

"Enhanced Calcium, Magnesium and Potassium Levels"

Parameters*
Salinity 35 ppt (1.025 sg)
Calcium 400-450 ppm
Magnesium 1350-1450 ppm
Alkalinity 8.0 - 9.0 dKH
Strontium 9 ppm
Potassium 400 ppm"

How is 400 ppm potassium at 35 ppt "enhanced"? It is exactly the expected value for 35 ppt seawater.

The specific gravity of seawater at 35 ppt is not 1.025, it is about 1.0264. Are the above parameters expected for sg = 1.025 or for 35 ppt?

Shawn Hale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Randy

Great to speak with you. I have read many of your articles and recommend them although a few are over my head as I am not a chemist but simply a 18 yr hobbyist with an opportunity to be a steering voice at Fritz. I have even reached out to you on Linked in 3-4 months back to talk about product development and research but got no response. Great to talk here though! I do work for Fritz but unfortunately do not handle all that is on the website. I do know that 35ppt is 1.026 so the reading on the website may be a simple typo. Enhanced Potassium levels may refer to the fact that some competitor salts run potassium lower than 400ppm and not a direct comparison to NSW which I would understand to be 380ppm. Love to talk more. David has my cell so we can chat plenty and would love your feedback to help with my impact on development. Cheers!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...CAlIQFggjMAI&usg=AOvVaw3-O90a3pDngmybQhsgAqY6

Last edited:
OP
OP
chris k.

chris k.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My batch of fritz salt was within your specs. I had determined my rodi needed new filters. That is why i was looking for batch parameters . Was doing troubleshooting. Thank you.

Kbas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dkh was a 6.7 i used the last of it this morning the rest was close.
My box was also low dkh. I had to buffer it to get it to come up. 265 gallon with 40 gal of water in the sump all fresh RO/DI water and Fritz salt.

Mark Waltermire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The batch that I got from the beginning of September mixed up to 8.9DKH so I would ask what test you are using for alkalinity and is the test expired?

Kbas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The batch that I got from the beginning of September mixed up to 8.9DKH so I would ask what test you are using for alkalinity and is the test expired?
Not all batches are low. I tested it with strips and Triton but it's nothing a box of baking soda can't fix.

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a bag of Fritz to try. I followed the instructions to a T. Started with a clean mixing bucket, 70 degrees, added salt slowly over an hour, let it go 12 hours with 300gph pump, slowly raised to tank temp then tested. Alk was 7.0. I need at least 8.0. I was bummed. So I tried again, this time I stirred the dry mix and I tested the mix 5 hours later. Again 7.0. This is with a salifert test. I had to dose new mix to get it to 8.0. So I mixed up some Kent just to see what was up, 8.2. My ro is testing at 0ppm. Am I doing something wrong?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back