Frog spawn refusing to open all the way

  • Thread starter Thread starter LunaSky
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LunaSky

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2024
Messages
70
Reaction score
24
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every picture, and what I expected, was a bushy, flowy frog spawn. I got this one about a month ago. It looks healthy other than not opening up. Maybe this is just how it looks? I had it on the sand at first for about two weeks. Then moved it higher up on the rocks hoping it would help. I noticed the small bit that was out and about shrinking against the flow, so I moved the circulation. That didn't seem to have any change on it what's so ever. All my other corals seem to be doing very well.

40g Tank
Salinity 1.025
Temp. 77F
pH 8
Kh 8
Phosphate (there's some but less than 0.25ppm)
Nitrate 2ppm
530gph flow
No par meter

17250537179944143501905221393839.jpg 17250537360841216213148650038954.jpg
 
What corals do well?
Was it always like that for the whole month?
 
That tank looks brand new. Your rock is still bone white. Your parameter are probably swinging all over the place and you don’t realize it.
 
Yes, that's how it been
Starving.

Some fair better in a more developed system.
While corals can take in nitrate, they get phosphate from the systems micro-fauna, which takes up phosphate.

Lower light, they don’t need much.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new