Frogfish in the Maui public aquarium

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know frogfish don't do well in the home aquarium, so I thought I would share a pic of a couple that I got to see last week in the public aquarium on Maui. All of the reef tanks in this complex are constantly refreshed with natural seawater from the bay outside. I forget how many millions of gallons a day they said they pumped through the building, but it was a lot.

PXL_20240229_235444452.jpg

Totally unrelated, but I got lucky with this sea turtle pic while snorkeling by Black Rock at Kaanapali.

P2270068.JPG

Reefer Matt

YouTube Channel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know frogfish don't do well in the home aquarium, so I thought I would share a pic of a couple that I got to see last week in the public aquarium on Maui. All of the reef tanks in this complex are constantly refreshed with natural seawater from the bay outside. I forget how many millions of gallons a day they said they pumped through the building, but it was a lot.

PXL_20240229_235444452.jpg

Totally unrelated, but I got lucky with this sea turtle pic while snorkeling by Black Rock at Kaanapali.

P2270068.JPG
Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 47 46.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back