Frogfish

Guynamedfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what kind and if I could put a frogfish In a 15 gal also I know I’d have to do a water Change like once every 4 days or so also the tank I’ve got is a cubed curved screen with a protein skimmer and a bio bag filter

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious as to why you feel it's too small, personal experience? or from what you've read?
from what ive read the smaller species need 20 gallons minimum, just in terms of space for them to comfortably find spots to "sit" and hide. On top of that, they need pretty strong filtration, and thats hard to offer in a 15 gallon especially if it has a lot of rockwork.

Upvote 0

bstodds15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Wartskin Angler would probably be your best bet, but agreed 15g might be a little small. If you are keeping just this one fish you can probably make it work.

What kind of filtration do you have? As Solitude127 said, you're going to need strong filtration for these guys.

Instead of a Frogfish you could do Green/Yellow Clown Gobies? Similar body shape if that's what you're mainly going for.

Upvote 0

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Warty's stay around 4" as adults. It could work. I've kept them in 10 gallons before but never as adults - usually would move them around 2-3"... but the main issue is feeding them, it turns into a breeding trap of marine shrimp. THE JUICE AIN'T WORTH THE SQUEEZE. They also never move and need a highly specialized habitat.

Upvote 0

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 20.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 119 74.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back