Frogspawn extending way less and has algae growing on it.

Rubberfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn’t matter since you have ammonia, your tank isn’t cycled... even if in the remote chance it is cycled and due to faulty testing, tour tank is simply way to new...
That ammonia reading is entirely in the range of test error. I do agree the tank is too new for coral.

gmeazy01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This happened unfortunately, as an update to that tho I've been running activated carbon and been doing water changes for a while and my tank is looking normal now so soon ill look into getting a "test subject" to put in to make sure the water is completely safe.
Ohh noo sorry about that I’m on my month 2 of my nano reef tank using a nuvo peninsula 20. Used the back chamber as refugium, and put carbon and phosphate sponge in my media sock on the first chamber for filtration (change the sponge biweekly) but I do weekly waterchange of 20%. Hope everything goes well on this next trial!! I saw that you had a lid. I dont keep lid in my tank but instead use an ATO system to compensate for evaporation and with my constant water agitation, ph is neutralize.

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an interesting thread. When I was into keeping freshwater fish I saw people on forums with similar problems like you, most of them ended up tearing down the tank and starting over and others called the tanks cursed and just got rid of the whole thing.

I myself do not use a lid, I tried one once and my parameters were out of control. I added my corals inat around two months since the tank was cycled and had not problems. Also API is notorius for false .25ppm ammonia readings

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 52 25.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back