Frogspawn skeleton exposed

Alex-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.
I bought this frogspawn yesterday in my local fish store , it was open and it looked i didn't really got the change to look at it to well answer it was until I got home and set it in my tank I noticed that it's skeleton was deeply exposed.
And i new on keeping corals and i not sure if is something i should be really worry about.

Pleased let me know what you thought are.
If i should bring it back to the store or let it be.

20230829_113020.jpg
20230829_131154.jpg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume the bottom image is the "before"...? I mean, it's retracted a bit - which could simply be due to being stressed from changes in lighting, water, etc. Did you dip the coral when you brought it home?

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about the white lower skeleton? Which to me looks like it was recently fragged/cut.

You want to be mindful of the lower tissue below the tentacles which generally won't have much exposed white skeleton... it seems to have a little recession, but I wouldn't panic if it extends it's tentacles. It will grow up the stalk leaving exposed skeleton which will eventually dull with age.

OP
OP
Alex-Reef

Alex-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about the white lower skeleton? Which to me looks like it was recently fragged/cut.

You want to be mindful of the lower tissue below the tentacles which generally won't have much exposed white skeleton... it seems to have a little recession, but I wouldn't panic if it extends it's tentacles. It will grow up the stalk leaving exposed skeleton which will eventually dull with age.
That's good to hear I was a little worry thinking thinking was slowly decaying from the bottom up.
Thanks for information it washed my worries away.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 58 73.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back