Frogspawn spawning or dieing? Help?

Mamn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

The past week my frogspawn and duncan have been closed up and my hammer corals are not extending as normal. My parameters are all good but the previous 2 months phosphates and nitrates were not existent. I had a small amount of Dinos happening which are now gone with the addition of phosphate, nitrates and microbater 7. Only other changes that occured in the tank was the i removed some filter media to help the nitrates and phosphates increase as well as dosing them. Today I was testing phosphate to see if the levels are staying stable when i notices my frogspawn "smoking" it is expelling a white hazy substance. No clue whats going on please help if you have any advice, it obviously looks like it is dieing to me.

Thanks Reef2reef

Attachments

• PXL_20201219_223320828.mp4
    18.6 MB
  • PXL_20201219_223230872.mp4
    65.2 MB

watty21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are all the parameters you test? Listing the params that you know will help us help you. Duncans are a great indicator of water quality so the fact that it is closed up is concerning. Euphyllia can definitely come back from a lot but you definitely want to get a handle on it sooner rather than later!

OP
OP
M

Mamn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are all the parameters you test? Listing the params that you know will help us help you. Duncans are a great indicator of water quality so the fact that it is closed up is concerning. Euphyllia can definitely come back from a lot but you definitely want to get a handle on it sooner rather than later!
Alk-8.5
Nitrate 10
Phosphate 0.1
Calcium 450
Mag 1450

The only main change is that ive brought my nitrate and phosphate up recently but I feel like that shouldnt have harmed anything.

I test pretty much every day since im home cause of covid, i have my parameters recorded. Tank has been running for 2 years but i took it over 4 months ago

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back