Frozen Food Delivery

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bronco765
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bronco765

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2026
Messages
98
Reaction score
34
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need an opinion. I received LRS Reef Frenzy today and it didn’t get delivered until 5:39. Of course it was a nice hot day in the state of Misery. The plastic bags were at 63 degrees. I immediately put them in the freezer. Will the food be safe after re freezing? Thanks in advance!
 
Technically, it is supposed to remain frozen to keep it from rotting. Thawing and refreezing certainly occurs sometimes in the supply chain before it gets to a LFS or other point of sale location.

I have had frozen thaw, and refrozen without injury to the food quality, but other times the food will not smell very pleasant when you rethaw it to feed the fishes. Your nose will let you know if it's gone to far, or not.
 
Technically, it is supposed to remain frozen to keep it from rotting. Thawing and refreezing certainly occurs sometimes in the supply chain before it gets to a LFS or other point of sale location.

I have had frozen thaw, and refrozen without injury to the food quality, but other times the food will not smell very pleasant when you rethaw it to feed the fishes. Your nose will let you know if it's gone to far, or not.
Appreciate your response. I’m thinking at 63 degrees then putting it into the freezer immediately after opening it should be ok. If it was 80 degrees all day then I wouldn’t chance it.
 
I have had the same thing happen multiple times. The vendor reshipped new food but I kept the other stuff, refroze it, and used it just fine.
 
I wouldn't eat it myself, but if it doesn't stink, I would feed it to my fish who have a much higher tolerance to "old" food than we do.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new