• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

FS: DIY Vertex recirculating biopellet reactor

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2012
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
1,080
Location
Corona, California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought all this stuff new to make a DIY recirculating biopellet reactor, but I ended up taking my biopellets offline and never got around to actually building it. I did a lot of research, and this thing should work awesome for spinning biopellets.

I'll sell everything in the pics for $160 shipped. The vertex reactor alone is $120. All that needs to be done is drill the holes and glue the PVC. Maybe 1 hour worth of work.














Includes all PVC parts needed, uniseals, new vertex reactor, brand new Sicce pump, spears ball valves. This was a copy of the
Reef dynamics reactor.

If you google Schnitzel's vertex biopellet reactor, you will find a thread I started when I was going to build this. I spent a lot of money on the parts, and everything was purchased brand new.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/schnitzels-diy-vertex-recirculating-biopellet-reactor.188833/

That's the thread ^

Any questions, feel free to pm me


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
For anyone wondering, this reactor is the vertex 2.0L. I bet it will hold enough pellets for a 500g+ tank.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
where in the design of the pvc parts does it enter the wall of the reactor? before or after the unions?
 
where in the design of the pvc parts does it enter the wall of the reactor? before or after the unions?
After the unions. The PVC I have there is probably too short. I have a couple feet of 1/2" PVC I'll include. I just had those pieces already cut and pushed the 90s on to see how it would look. Nothing is glued together yet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new