• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

FS: Various saltwater fish in Oahu

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would love that Achilles...too bad you're not shipping to the states. Good luck with the sale and with your move

OP
OP
Aquarist76

Aquarist76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I'm not planning on shipping. It was such a hassle shipping them here. It was expensive and made me quite nervous with some of the larger fish making sure they'd be OK (I shipped all my fish with the bags filled with oxygen instead of air just in case). From what I've been told by UPS shipping out of Hawaii to the mainland that overnight shipping really isn't even overnight shipping because of the time difference. It's more of a 36-48 hour shipping and that makes me even more nervous. I had to ship a letter overnight to Pennsylvania and it took 2 days to get there. I shipped fish from both PA and IL to Hawaii and it was $300-400 per box and each tang took up one box by themselves (cost me around $4K to ship all these fish here). BTW I've found the online shipping estimates to be grossly inadequate. Plan on a 20-40lb 16x18x18 box being shipped if you're curious about shipping prices.

If that changes I'll update the listing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aquarist76

Aquarist76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was really a matter of passion me shipping all my fish out here. It made absolutely no financial sense to do it but I didn't care; these are my fish and I care greatly about them. Plus none of these fish are obtainable in Hawaii really. I would absolutely pay whatever it cost to ship them back to the mainland if I had a place to keep them but I don't. Right now I have like 30-40 fish still left in Chicago that never made it out to HI that my family is taking care of for me and there's just no more room there. And my family is already going nuts taking care of those because they've never done it before. If I had a place to set up another 200G tank in Chicago I'd just ship these all back so that I could keep them. The prices I'm selling them at is way less than I paid and doesn't even take into account what I dumped into shipping. I just want these fish to have a good home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back