OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you noticed the CBB eating aiptasia?
No :( I have see him peck at the rocks but I believe it's going after pods. The aips are still around that I can tell....Maybe after he's more comfortable in the tank but who knows. I do love the little guy though ;)

I have talked to the owner of Salty Underground and will be getting a delivery from them maybe next week.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn’t matter if the CBB doesn’t eat the aiptasias, it is a beautiful fish !
EXACTLY ! ! ! ;)

If he does decide to eat them, he'll end up huge. Anyone ever seen a round CBB? ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up this morning to a cloudy tank.... :( looked a little cloudy yesterday after work but today is much more so. Unfortunately I have no carbon either and I will be gone all day no where near anyplace to get some....

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sulfer Denitrator creating a bloom you think?
I checked that yesterday but the effluent looks clear. I have had them in the past from it so I would not doubt it. Maybe I'll go turn the drip rate down and see if that helps.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freddie, how do you feed it to your corals?

Keith,
Broadcast feed a lot of LRS Reef Frenzy, heavy on Red Sea Reef Energy / skimmer off, and a tad amount of Reef Roids.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keith,
Broadcast feed a lot of LRS Reef Frenzy, heavy on Red Sea Reef Energy / skimmer off, and a tad amount of Reef Roids.
Freddie, I meant the Masstick, how do you feed that to corals?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freddie, I meant the Masstick, how do you feed that to corals?

lol
I've never bought it, TSM Corals told me about that food, for their fish.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New addition, went to LFS today and seen this little guy, couldn't resist. I asked them to feed him some frozen and he popped right on some LRS so I bought him ;)

Copperband2.jpg

Copperband3.jpg

Unfortunately the biatch queen is hassling him. Hopefully it will subside. :) You can see her in the background of the 1st pic....
I almost bought one yesterday. It must look awesome poking around your reef man.
I ran out of ROX and needed to change out the reactor. I had to put GFO in on it's own, never done it that way. The MJ1200 pump has very little power to keep it tumbling though. Kinda strange. I think I might need to pull the whole setup and clean the pump and tubes of sponges. I am really thinking about setting up a manifold with the extra Eflux 3170 I have to run all the reactors off of.

If I decided to plumb a manifold I was going to go with the 3170 instead of the 1900 I run now. But after 3 days I said effff it and skipped the manifold. Will definitely have one on the next tank I build.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost bought one yesterday. It must look awesome poking around your reef man.
He really is although he's small he really is holding his own in there. The Female clown will dart at him but he darts away and then turns around on her and she swims away. The 2 Spot Tang has taken a few swipes at him as well but does the same to him. Not chicken by any means and is always front and center of the tank. Not afraid of me in the least too.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He really is although he's small he really is holding his own in there. The Female clown will dart at him but he darts away and then turns around on her and she swims away. The 2 Spot Tang has taken a few swipes at him as well but does the same to him. Not chicken by any means and is always front and center of the tank. Not afraid of me in the least too.

Is your CB,B eating?

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran full set of parameters today and I'm getting a little flustered with Calcium. It's not going down even though I keep lowering the dose. It is at least 500 and more likely 510.

Sal - 1.0255
Ca - ~500
Mg - 1480
dkH - 7.34 (This is dropping since I changed to a new batch of ATI # 1)
NO3 - ~50 (more below)
PO4 - .077
pH - 8.2

Tested the Effluent coming out of the sulfur denitrator and it showed about 10-15. Turned up the drip rate on it and will see how it looks tomorrow as well. Bumped the dkH 9 ml and I lowered daily dose of #2 12 ml and we'll see what tomorrow brings. Now #1 at 77ml and #2 at 54ml. #3 is still at 30ml and still Mg hasn't dropped.

Tank is still a bit cloudy and I need carbon but LFS doesn't have any ROX. Might breakdown and order some online instead.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran full set of parameters today and I'm getting a little flustered with Calcium. It's not going down even though I keep lowering the dose. It is at least 500 and more likely 510.

Sal - 1.0255
Ca - ~500
Mg - 1480
dkH - 7.34 (This is dropping since I changed to a new batch of ATI # 1)
NO3 - ~50 (more below)
PO4 - .077
pH - 8.2

Tested the Effluent coming out of the sulfur denitrator and it showed about 10-15. Turned up the drip rate on it and will see how it looks tomorrow as well. Bumped the dkH 9 ml and I lowered daily dose of #2 12 ml and we'll see what tomorrow brings. Now #1 at 77ml and #2 at 54ml. #3 is still at 30ml and still Mg hasn't dropped.

Tank is still a bit cloudy and I need carbon but LFS doesn't have any ROX. Might breakdown and order some online instead.

I think dosing is gonna drive me nuts when I finally cave and try it.

Can we see some trachy spam or something? :D

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back