Fudsey's 135.4 Box of Water

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those interested in the Nori talk. This is what Ive started feeding. Stays together quite nicely on the clip. I fold 4”x2” piece over and over until its about 3/4” in size total.

6D59EFCB-4371-4602-9F1C-B839AC5243AF.jpeg

BABD98B0-55F4-45E6-BF7D-2934F3C3FCB4.jpeg

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I go at it with my lightning maroon, She chases me I chase her. Then I host the Nem for a few, after that she will leave me alone till the next time. I wonder if Clairol has lightning Maroon in a box:cool:

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took me a while to find that vid but your right. All the pics I have of her at that time she was clenching her fins and couldn't make it out but in the vid you can see the dark spot.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
13766302-5CBD-458A-B565-7D2232D88F48.gif

That’s the 2nd time I’ve traded away a Halichoeres wrasse just before it transitioned. 1st was a Red Lined to the LFS. He got a little grumpy in my old tank and started harassing the Leopard wrasse so I brought him to the LFS. Went back a couple weeks later and it was a completely different fish. Color explosion!

I’m happy this time I get to see the old guy thrive on in your tank Fudsey.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the 2nd time I’ve traded away a Halichoeres wrasse just before it transitioned. 1st was a Red Lined to the LFS. He got a little grumpy in my old tank and started harassing the Leopard wrasse so I brought him to the LFS. Went back a couple weeks later and it was a completely different fish. Color explosion!

I’m happy this time I get to see the old guy thrive on in your tank Fudsey.

I got mine as a male, and my black leopard let's him know not to mess with her. He gets first dibs at the nori clip, but the other fish don't really take any crap from him either. It's a nice balance.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine as a male, and my black leopard let's him know not to mess with her. He gets first dibs at the nori clip, but the other fish don't really take any crap from him either. It's a nice balance.
I’m sure mine was acting out due to the transition beginning but at the time I couldn’t recognize it. had I waited it out I wonder if he would have fallen back in line. I always enjoy watching them sort out the pecking order whenever a new addition comes in.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love a leopard to go along with shim. She occasionally gets chased by the 2 spot tang but then will turn around and give it right back, pecking at her side. No injuries, just a peck. No one messes with the foxface. He'll flash his spines and usually they back off. He does like to chase the 2 spot sometimes though. Putting a new piece of nori in the pouch is fun to see. There is usually a ring of old stuff on the clip and I'll drop it in in pieces to allow others to get some too. The foxface will gobble up the 1st piece fast and go for any more. If the 2 spot gets one, she'll turn and swim away while munching it. He goes for it but she sucks it in before he can take it away. He's a pig ;)

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 62 46.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 32.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 19 14.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back