Fuge light config.. what am I missing?

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm sure it's something stupid I'm missing, but what did I do wrong? At 2200 last night the fuge light did not come on. I had to manually put it on in fusion... Even tried a bit and then putting into auto and it turns off...
Screenshot_20201123-074926.png

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats your temp?

You apex logic says to not turn the light on, or turn it off if your temp is above 81.5

The switch has to be on AUTO to run through it's programming. Off is off, and On is on.

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have more than one temp probe?

Also If you click on the advanced tab what is the code?

LiveWire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes like Homer Said. This is how mine in written

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 20:00 to 10:00 Then ON
If Time 10:01 to 19:59 Then OFF

LiveWire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So then I would think this would do it for you.

Fallback OFF
If Time 22:00 to 10:00 Then ON
If Time 10:01 to 21:59 Then OFF
If Tmp > 81.5 Then Off

Or

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 22:00 to 10:00 Then ON
If Tmp > 81.5 Then Off

Last edited:

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want it to go off at exactly 10:00, then change the time statement to 09:59. The statement won't evaluate to "true" until the time 10:01.

This is just how apex logic is quantified.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want it to go off at exactly 10:00, then change the time statement to 09:59. The statement won't evaluate to "true" until the time 10:01.

This is just how apex logic is quantified.
Not exact but as long as it's that time frame were good

Hows this then?

Screenshot_20201123-083112.png

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for reference this is my T5 white setting:
Fallback ON
Set OFF
If Time 09:00 to 18:59 Then ON
If Tmp > 84.0 Then OFF

Notice the 18:59. that way might light shuts off exactly at 7pm. You do not need an "off" time statement as the "Set Off" shuts the light off.

Apex reads and evaluates codes starting from the top down. The last "true" statement is the one that gets evaluated.

So in my coding, the "set Off' is evaluated first, and the apex stops there if the "time" statement isn't evaluated as true. If the time is evaluated as true, then it skips the "Set Off" statement and evaluates the "time" statement. Now the next line, my temp statement. If the temp statement evaluates as true, it turns the light off, then if the temp statement evaluates as false, it reverts back to the time statement.

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would delete the "MIN time" statement, but it should work just fine.

All the "MIN TIME" statement does is leave the light in it's current state for 1 minute after the programming has been evaluated.

Basically your light has to remain in the off state more a minimum of 1 minute before it will actually shut off.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would delete the "MIN time" statement, but it should work just fine.

All the "MIN TIME" statement does is leave the light in it's current state for 1 minute after the programming has been evaluated.

Basically your light has to remain in the off state more a minimum of 1 minute before it will actually shut off.
And this is why im learning to just love the advanced tab for every outlet. One i can do what i actually want, that the GUI manages to mess up. I wasnt sure what that setting was and left it standard. Its to turn on at 2200, and off at 10 am now. That should be a good start.

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never used the "basic" function of programming. I learned early on it's best to program them yourself in the "advanced" tab, if you understand the logic.

And you can program things the way you want them without having to adjust your programming to fit the predetermined setting by neptune. Some are useful and helpful, but most times it's just easier to use the "advanced" tab.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to change it to "Fallback off"

You do not want the light to run 24/7 if the eb loses communication with the brain.
Done!
I have never used the "basic" function of programming. I learned early on it's best to program them yourself in the "advanced" tab, if you understand the logic.
I do alot better actually than whatever they have in there for the " easy route" plus i wanted a ton of extra stuff. I have defers on quite a bit of equipment that draws water out of the sump, and the ato unit for power loss as well as other things just to allow the system to stabilize before anything else kicks on. I needed the advanced to do that as well.

Im done programming for a while. Next up will be in a few weeks when a breakout box and floats get here so i can add monitoring for my non apex integrated ATO, Skimmer kill switch as well as feed mode buttons etc.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back