Fuge lighting ideas? Watched many BRS investigates about it, and have questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MY sump is a Pro Clear Systems Freedom 100 That middle section ( i dont have that cartridge) is my fuge area. Skimmer is a curve 5. What , light wont cover the other chambers in algae, but give me good growth of cheato or orther macro algae?.

Stock photo, but can provide actual one under new builds stand if need be.

1579794500781.png

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm...Any insight into the dimensions of that section? It looks pretty small, so something like the Tunze EcoChic refugium light may work best. We're out of stock at this exact moment, but hope to have more mid to late next week.

Click HERE to check the light out. Info like dimensions are listed on the product page.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm...Any insight into the dimensions of that section? It looks pretty small, so something like the Tunze EcoChic refugium light may work best. We're out of stock at this exact moment, but hope to have more mid to late next week.

Click HERE to check the light out. Info like dimensions are listed on the product page.
I believe it's 3 long, by 10 front to back .and about 13 tall. Tunze was the ones I was looking at mostly as my wife doesn't want light bleed, but u had not seen a whole lot on them. I'll be running hydra 32s on the display, so considered the prime 16 fuge, but seemed excessive. If the tunze will do the job, I'm on board!

fermentedhiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have room for one of those compact ATS? I think they would do a lot more for you than that tiny space if you have the room for one.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it's 3 long, by 10 front to back .and about 13 tall. Tunze was the ones I was looking at mostly as my wife doesn't want light bleed, but u had not seen a whole lot on them. I'll be running hydra 32s on the display, so considered the prime 16 fuge, but seemed excessive. If the tunze will do the job, I'm on board!

The Prime Fuge light is quite a bit more powerful, but given the narrow refugium chamber, I think the form factor of the Tunze just makes more sense. Plus, it's water proof, so you can mount it close to the water surface (or even under it) to avoid light spill.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Prime Fuge light is quite a bit more powerful, but given the narrow refugium chamber, I think the form factor of the Tunze just makes more sense. Plus, it's water proof, so you can mount it close to the water surface (or even under it) to avoid light spill.
im considering blacking out the back of that sump chamber, then mount it pointing inward, and see how that does, should keep light bleed down, just was not sure if it was enough power. The 16 fuge, is nice as i already will be using the My AI app for the hydras.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back