Upgraded Biocube - lighting questions

jlsanders0629

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers! Getting back in to the hobby after about 10 years out of it. Have a biocube that I’ve upgraded the middle chamber with an INTANK media basket and INTANK fuge area and upgraded the nozzle from the return with a dual flow nozzle. The lighting and scheduling is where I’m feeling a bit uncertain. I’ve currently got a AI Grow light on it, have a glow on the way and will be putting a prime 16 on it as well (overkill I’m sure but wanted to be able to do lower intensity and still get the color and growth/par i wanted). Wanting to do a nice mixed reef with SPS at the top of the water column, zoos and palys near the bottom, and some LPS in the mid section. if anyone has any suggestions for schedules and even coral placement would be greatly appreciated. I’ve never used AI's before now so definitely feeling behind on the learning curve with them. happy reefing!
IMG_2615.jpeg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey reefers! Getting back in to the hobby after about 10 years out of it. Have a biocube that I’ve upgraded the middle chamber with an INTANK media basket and INTANK fuge area and upgraded the nozzle from the return with a dual flow nozzle. The lighting and scheduling is where I’m feeling a bit uncertain. I’ve currently got a AI Grow light on it, have a glow on the way and will be putting a prime 16 on it as well (overkill I’m sure but wanted to be able to do lower intensity and still get the color and growth/par i wanted). Wanting to do a nice mixed reef with SPS at the top of the water column, zoos and palys near the bottom, and some LPS in the mid section. if anyone has any suggestions for schedules and even coral placement would be greatly appreciated. I’ve never used AI's before now so definitely feeling behind on the learning curve with them. happy reefing!
IMG_2615.jpeg
We ramp up an hour, run for 8, ramp down for an hour. We don't use the same lights, but that's a starting point. Very nice set up!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Your coral placement sounds good too. If you see that you want more flow, try the RFG. I think InTank sells them too.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back