- Joined
- Oct 14, 2025
- Messages
- 19
- Reaction score
- 18
- Location
- Maryland , Usa
- What state or country do you live in
- Maryland
This is my shallow nano tank I put together from two tank break downs from another hobbyists and one of mine.
The tank is Petco’s 6.8 gallon Imagitarium shallow (20”x12”x8.5”). They are fairly cheap at 40$ before tax and I like the shallow look .
The light I’m currently using is a Fzone Nano light but I ordered a twin star s series gen v 18”-22”that will arrive on Wednesday. I wasn’t happy with the dark areas on the right side of the tank due to lack of spread and after seeing tigahboys tanks I was sold on the twin star lighting option and ordered one with customizable spectrum that would cover the entire tank .
For filtration and flow I’m using the sicce nano shark pro 250gph I am surprised at the amount of water the little filter can move. There is visible flow around the entire tank but I can see potential dead zones under the arches . I will probably add a small wave maker on the back wall of the tank to deter stuff settling under the rock work. There is nothing special in the filter but I have room to run carbon and purigen along with a sponge or poly fil for that crystal clear water we all strive for.
I’m using a Petco heater and a glass lid to deter from using an Ato but I may add one anyway I have both a gravity fed and optical one I can use.
There is a few different zoas, palys , mushrooms , gorgonians, and leathers threw out the tank along with some different species of caleurpa that has yet to take off.
This is an invertebrate only tank with the main star being a neogonodavtylus Wennerae who you can see if you look close enough. Having him in there makes any other invertebrates a risk but right now there is an abundance of blue leg hermits , some stomatellas , limpets , and a very elusive elephant slug that only comes out at night .
Contemplating adding a small damsel or orchid dotty back for some consistent movement and added interest.
I’m excited to see how this tank looks in a couple of months so far so good!
The tank is Petco’s 6.8 gallon Imagitarium shallow (20”x12”x8.5”). They are fairly cheap at 40$ before tax and I like the shallow look .
The light I’m currently using is a Fzone Nano light but I ordered a twin star s series gen v 18”-22”that will arrive on Wednesday. I wasn’t happy with the dark areas on the right side of the tank due to lack of spread and after seeing tigahboys tanks I was sold on the twin star lighting option and ordered one with customizable spectrum that would cover the entire tank .
For filtration and flow I’m using the sicce nano shark pro 250gph I am surprised at the amount of water the little filter can move. There is visible flow around the entire tank but I can see potential dead zones under the arches . I will probably add a small wave maker on the back wall of the tank to deter stuff settling under the rock work. There is nothing special in the filter but I have room to run carbon and purigen along with a sponge or poly fil for that crystal clear water we all strive for.
I’m using a Petco heater and a glass lid to deter from using an Ato but I may add one anyway I have both a gravity fed and optical one I can use.
There is a few different zoas, palys , mushrooms , gorgonians, and leathers threw out the tank along with some different species of caleurpa that has yet to take off.
This is an invertebrate only tank with the main star being a neogonodavtylus Wennerae who you can see if you look close enough. Having him in there makes any other invertebrates a risk but right now there is an abundance of blue leg hermits , some stomatellas , limpets , and a very elusive elephant slug that only comes out at night .
Contemplating adding a small damsel or orchid dotty back for some consistent movement and added interest.
I’m excited to see how this tank looks in a couple of months so far so good!