Fungia Plate advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joel Duval
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Joel Duval

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2017
Messages
24
Reaction score
26
Location
Phoenix
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I'm starting a new tank and going bare bottom with it, I have a large Indo Fungia Plate Coral and have never not had it in sand, my question is would it be ok not in sand? I've never seen any bigger ones not in sand. Thanks in advance.
 
Agreed, will do just fine on the bare bottom. Ours grew most of its life on bare bottom.
That is good to hear. Mine is about 6 years old now, he's a big s.o.b. lol. Eats 1 cube a day by himself. If going BB ment I'd have to rehome him... Well I wouldn't go BB lol
 
That is good to hear. Mine is about 6 years old now, he's a big s.o.b. lol. Eats 1 cube a day by himself. If going BB ment I'd have to rehome him... Well I wouldn't go BB lol
Can we see a picture of him?
 
This was our plate in a bare bottom 75. Came in as a tiny hitchiker
Screenshot_20190210-180025_Gallery.jpg
 
I have a golden head sleeper goby and he buries anything on my sand bed. Moved my plate to rock work around 6 months ago and it is doing great there.
 
Right! I've never had a cool hitchhiker like that.
The best thing that I have gotten is a lawnmower blenny. I purchased a large montipora colony and he was in between the montipora. Got home right before I was going to do an iodine dip I saw his eye's got lucky I saw him otherwise he would have been toast
 
Lucky hitchhiker. What did you have that he was attached to?
A piece of live rock. Didn't notice it until the blues came on. My wife showed me a green speck on the rock. I kinda laughed it off then many years later a very large happy plate.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new