Fungus???

djbetterly

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 2, 2012
Messages
907
Reaction score
265
Location
Nutley, NJ (AKA - The Nut)
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this? I haven't pulled it out yet to touch it and see what the texture is. @twilliard

I bought the frag at a frag swap.

ae6a1049bf89b6194d0f816b540d758c.jpg
 
What amazes me is that it is growing on the soft tissue.
Pointing to a fungus imo
[HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG]
 
It appears to be exposed skeleton where tissue died off.
 
I'm on a tablet and don't have the greatest of picture, but could it be a nudi?

I would pull it out and closely examine....And then possibly dip in Bayer, or some other coral dip.
 
Im sorry that is not die off or skeleton
It is a growth on the sps
 
If it's soft, it could be a pineapple sponge growing on it. I would dip it using Bayer (or Coralrx) and also feel to see if it's hard or soft in the affected area.
 
I use 1 ml per 100 mls of tank water. I leave the coral in the dip for 15 minutes. Then it gets two rinsed in tank water, and then back into the tank it goes.
 
Dosage instructions for Bayer dip seem to vary greatly. I use 5 mL of Bayer per cup of water for 10 minutes.
 
I took the piece out, dipped it in coral RX. Local home depot doesn't have bayer, but I ordered some. I clipped off the bad area and remounted what was left. It definitely felt, and looked like the skeletal structure over a growth.
 
As far as I know, yes. That frag however came from a vendor who kept his Alk around 11 and mine is 8. I'm in the process of raising that however.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new