Fusion 20 Reef Tank

Schlagel Bagel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, this is my first take on the saltwater hobby and has been going great over the past few months. Started with 2 clowns that were paired nicely and have been super fun to watch. Was able to pick up an assortment of coral from another local hobbyist to start my attempt in keeping a full reef tank.

I picked up some of the main equipment used, such as the tank, light, stand etc. Since there is a not a ton of info on Illumagic lights I’m kind of going in blind with how I should be lighting the corals. (times, intensity etc.) If there are some threads I could get pointed to in that aspect now that I have a few corals that would be great!

I plan to add some more fish as well. Not much as I’m pretty happy with just the clowns (and a shy Emerald crab). But would love to hear some more ideas. I’m thinking a Royal Gamma or a sand sifting goby eventually.

Let me hear your thoughts and criticisms to my newbie tank!

(I willl update this original post with all the specs and equipment later on)

IMG_3344.JPEG IMG_3352.JPEG IMG_3357.JPEG IMG_3358.JPEG

Attachments

• IMG_3360.MP4
    3.6 MB
  • IMG_3361.MP4
    7.9 MB

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice scape! You could probably do another couple of fish with proper husbandry. A few suggestions, pinklined wrasse, royal gramma ( as you mentioned, nice pop of color), yellow tailed damsel and a yellow watchman goby with a pistol shrimp. Others that seem to popular, firefish and cardinal fish.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, this is my first take on the saltwater hobby and has been going great over the past few months. Started with 2 clowns that were paired nicely and have been super fun to watch. Was able to pick up an assortment of coral from another local hobbyist to start my attempt in keeping a full reef tank.

I picked up some of the main equipment used, such as the tank, light, stand etc. Since there is a not a ton of info on Illumagic lights I’m kind of going in blind with how I should be lighting the corals. (times, intensity etc.) If there are some threads I could get pointed to in that aspect now that I have a few corals that would be great!

I plan to add some more fish as well. Not much as I’m pretty happy with just the clowns (and a shy Emerald crab). But would love to hear some more ideas. I’m thinking a Royal Gamma or a sand sifting goby eventually.

Let me hear your thoughts and criticisms to my newbie tank!

(I willl update this original post with all the specs and equipment later on)

IMG_3344.JPEG IMG_3352.JPEG IMG_3357.JPEG IMG_3358.JPEG
Love the aquascape!

OP
OP
Schlagel Bagel

Schlagel Bagel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I think I will be picking up something this weekend. After these last few days it seems the corals are pretty happy with the lighting, so Ill continue to watch and learn.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 78 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back