Fuzzy dwarf lionfish mouth looks torn

  • Thread starter Thread starter jasonrusso
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2014
Messages
3,433
Reaction score
2,433
Location
Haverhill, MA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home today and found my Fuzzy dwarf lion sitting on the sand in the corner (no worries there, that's his pre feeding spot where he keeps an eye out for "the cup"). I noticed that his mouth looked funny, almost like his upper lip had dropped. He does not seem to be in any distress and ate tonight as usual. He is always a pig!

A quick search found that maybe he hit a rock eating? I did throw some live grass shrimp in the other day, but I didn't see anything happen.






20180702_195420.jpeg
 
When you say it looks like his upper lip dropped, more like it's popped out of joint. Does it look kind of like one rung on a collapsible hose, with the outer part of the lip looking like cartilage with a web like connecting to the upper part of the lip. I'm having a hard time explaining; but my lions will look like they throw their lips out of joint from time to time; then they do this pursing with their lips to pop it back into joint. If that makes sense, it just seems to be normal, been going on for years.
 
When you say it looks like his upper lip dropped, more like it's popped out of joint. Does it look kind of like one rung on a collapsible hose, with the outer part of the lip looking like cartilage with a web like connecting to the upper part of the lip. I'm having a hard time explaining; but my lions will look like they throw their lips out of joint from time to time; then they do this pursing with their lips to pop it back into joint. If that makes sense, it just seems to be normal, been going on for years.
Yes, there looks like a thin piece of something connecting the lip.

Did my picture not come through? I also attached a video because the picture looks like it is his mouth, but the video shows that it isn't.

 
Let us know how it turns out, if it gets inflamed looking or if it seems to pop back in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new