Fuzzy White spots on coral

Reflective

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
355
Reaction score
63
Location
San Diego
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an acro that has developed a couple white fuzzy spots. Looks like cotton attached to it. Is this a pest or just because my parameters have been out of whack?
IMG_20150827_1755446_rewind.jpg
 
It's stressed and releasing those white tuffs. I'd check your water quality... Specifically nitrates and phosphates and make sure there is no ammonia or nitrite in the water.
 
Those all say zero. I know my calcium, and mag is a little low and my alk a little high. So that may be stressing it out. I'll get some different kits for the nitrates and ammonia just to be sure.
 
So I noticed my Rock Flower Anemone is super unhappy as well today. I went and bought more test kits and the Nitrates are between 10 and 20 ppm. I'm going to do a water change and see if that helps stuff out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new