FX6 and SUMP? REALISTIC AND FISH SAFE??? Im new to saltwater reef aquariums...but learning fast.

Tunatime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5402.jpg

Does this make sense? I think it should work. More important, is it reef and fish safe? Trying to reduce the Nitrate/Nitrile "factory" stigma with the FX6, or greatly reduce it.

Last edited:

RocketEngineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won’t work because the pump in the FX6 isn’t designed to lift water 5 feet. It’s designed to move water from one height and discharge it at the same height which is a much easier job.

OP
OP
Tunatime

Tunatime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won’t work because the pump in the FX6 isn’t designed to lift water 5 feet. It’s designed to move water from one height and discharge it at the same height which is a much easier job.

It's not going 5 feet. Where does it say that? The FX6 was working fine with freshwater before, the only thing I'm changing is a "Y" pipe to run another output instead of buying a jet head. The height of the tank is only about 2.5 feet tops.

OP
OP
Tunatime

Tunatime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The FX6 has been used to filter the 75 gal tank in the past and it worked fine. If you forget the sump in the diagram, that's how the filter was setup. Intake to the filter was on the left side of the tank and the return on the right. This work without a hitch. It was setup that way in the past. The filter ran under the tank without any issues. The hoses from the filter are only about 2 ½ feet long. Not sure what your getting at?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back