G-6 bottebrush?

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the frag and it was labeled G-6 rainbow bottlebrush. I know that can't be correct but does anybody know what the typo was on G-6 (another vendor with similar initials, perhaps)? Here's a picture but not sure if it is going to help:

P1010039_zpsae7c747a.jpg

I can't get a hold of the hobbyist I got it from to ask. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dave

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That baby has some polyp extension!

OP
OP
cee

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not seen a plana with such polyp extension but it is possible. The owner said it came from Jarret as a rainbow bottlebrush. Anyone know who Jarret is (owner of online store, I suspect).

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not seen a plana with such polyp extension but it is possible. The owner said it came from Jarret as a rainbow bottlebrush. Anyone know who Jarret is (owner of online store, I suspect).

Not sure who Jerret is. I do know of a Garrett of Garrett's Acropolis. Garrett's Acropolis Garrett has a A. insignis that looks very close to yours. Are you looking for a species ID or a show name?

The polyp extension shouldn't make a big difference on an ID decision, it could lead you in the right direction. Really we would need to know how it grows as a colony and how the other features look like the corallites and branches if you would like to know the species. I can't think of any bottle brush species that would look like that.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Probably Jared, not Jarret, from Rocky Mountain Frags.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back